[XviD-devel] Scrolling motion problem..

Hans K. Rosbach hk at circlestorm.org
Tue May 18 09:13:50 CEST 2004

I was testig Xvid 1.0.0 out yesterday, and noticed a problem..

During the intro of "Narnia - The lion, The witch and the closet",  the
image scrolls downwards. When it only scrolls, I get a very jerky motion
as the image jumps downwards. But as soon as something else also
happens, such as the whole image fading over into another while at the
same time scrolling downwards. Then it scrolls smoothly like it should.
After the fade it starts to jerk again.

At first I thought it appeared because of a bug with GMC combined with
b-frames, so I disabled GMC. Didn't help. It wasn't caused by too low
bitrate either. I used most of the available options including trellis,
turbo,
lumi masking and adaptive quant. VHQ and motion search at max.

I haven't had time to test any more, and I'm at work now so I cannot
produce a demo clip. But if wanted I can make that available after work.

Is this a known bug?
If so, it was there in 1.0.0 RC4 too.

-=Dead2=-