[XviD-devel] Scrolling motion problem..

Hans K. Rosbach hk at circlestorm.org
Fri May 21 00:23:02 CEST 2004

For some reason the initial mail i sent to the list did not arrive before
after
2 days..  Hopefully thisone will be faster.

> it seems like the 'jerkyness' may come from b-frames not being correctly
> decoded (or rather: not decoded at all). You describe that as soon as
> a fade occurs, the movie plays smoothly again - well, it may be very
likely
> that no b-frames are used during that fade and that therefore the video
> plays smoothly again.

That is most probably it.

> So now the next thing we need to figure out is: what do you use to play
> back this video? Are you sure that XviD is used for decoding (and not
DivX,
> ffdshow or something else)? What happens if you open the video in
> VirtualDub - still jerky? Did you use the packed bitstream option for
> encoding the clip or not? Depending on what you've selected so far, try
> en- or disabling packed bitstream.

I use ffdshow latest alpha..  Please don't say I cannot use that.  =(
I simply don't know of any other codec that gives me that level of control.

At least this explains the choppyness I have been experiencing lately when
watching certain videoclips. I was thinking it was an HDD related problem
and dismissed it as such.

-=Dead2=-