[XviD-devel] time for some progress :)

Christoph Lampert chl at math.uni-bonn.de
Mon Nov 22 10:21:13 CET 2004

On Mon, 22 Nov 2004, Radek Czyz wrote:

> As you might know, my exams are over.

Congratulations!

> What I'm doing now is VBV controls in out VfW config. Everything works
> well except for one parmeter - peak bitrate. VBV needs it, but the value
> is NOT hardcoded in our already-coded profiles. Is this a buglet which I
> should fix, or maybe our profiles do have this value and I just can't
> see it? They have some values I don't understand, that might be it.

Peak bitrate doesn't matter at all, it's a broken DXN invention.
If the stream doesn't violate the Max-Rate, it can also never violate
the Peak-Rate (at least in the profiles they specified so far). I don't
know why they came up with it...
For clarity, you can just go ahead and add it to the profiles, but
the algorithm shouldn't be influenced.

> PS. don't forget to answer about the profile / peak bitrate stuff :)

already did ;-)