[XviD-devel] Re:Confusion about Interlacing Implemantation

Tushit Bharthuar bharthuar at yahoo.com
Thu Nov 25 13:59:06 CET 2004

Hi,
I will try to answer your questions....but I am myself
new to all of this.
Hopefully while explaining my understanding will also
become better.

1. For interlaced and field prediction both the
statements would be followed.If the macroblock is
field predicted, there will will be two motion
vectors, one for each field..
2. It should have already become clear.. no
difference.. one is for the top field and the other
for bottom field if the macroblock is field
predicted... otherwise only one motion vector in case
of frame predicted macroblocks.
3. I haven't gone thru the source code completely very
well but I think it is so because if the macroblock is
field predicted it cannot be INTER4V..so they must
using mb->mvs[0] and mvs[1] for the two field motion
vectors.

And if I am wrong, plz correct me.

Tushit

P.S. Thank you for helping me out with GMC.