[XviD-devel] DiamondSearch broken?

Christoph Lampert chl at math.uni-bonn.de
Sun Oct 3 11:25:00 CEST 2004

Hi,

I didn't contribute much, lately, but when I just checked ME
to test some different ideas, I noticed that I don't understand
xvid_me_DiamondSearch() anymore (in estimation_common.c).
It's not used, except for quality==0, I guess, since AdvDiamondSearch does
the work, but still, I have the impression it's broken: After only 1 step
of the diamond, it will terminate, if the diagonal checks are not
successful, although it should of cause continue until a minimum is
reached.
Or am I just too blind to see?

If you see the same, I can commit a fix.