[XviD-devel] segmentation fault

Kurt Bernhard Pruenner leak at gmx.at
Sun Oct 3 19:34:26 CEST 2004

Henning Moll wrote:
> Do you know, whether this random generator is used by transcode or
> mencoder? if not, i can exclude this from being the the source of the
> problem..

Well, unless you've installed a driver for it under Linux *and* are
running some process that uses it to add to the kernel's entropy pool
it's not going to be used.

> I allready used 'memtest' for a couple of hours without any error. I
> will give 'cpuburn-in' a try. If that also does not show anything, i
> will come back to this thread, ok?

I'd try running Prime95 for a few hours; it's a standalone app and
*really* stresses both CPU and RAM:

http://www.mersenne.org/freesoft.htm

--
Kurt Bernhard Pruenner --- Haendelstrasse 17 --- 4020 Linz --- Austria
.......It might be written "Mindfuck", but it's spelt "L-A-I-N".......