[XviD-devel] xvid-1.0.2 x86_64 asm port

Edouard Gomez ed.gomez at free.fr
Sat Oct 16 18:02:54 CEST 2004

Andre Werthmann (wertmann at aei.mpg.de) wrote:
> I have portet all of the x86_asm code to x86_64.
> The target in xvid is ARCH_IS_X86_64.
>
> Also the QPEL part of xvid wasnt working on a x86_64 target, I fixed the
> segfault problem. (This is in cvs stable now.)

Yup 64 bit fixes are already in cvs (both 1.0 and 1.1 tree).

> On my athlon64 3000+ box with the plain C version (fixed) I get ~6fps
> encoding a 720x576 with standard settings but qpel enabled.
> With the new assembler code I get ~25fps.
>
> I changed the configure.in script to detect a x86_64 target and set the
> proper assembler with the proper flags. The assembler used is yasm (needs
> to be >= yasm-r1154) with the flags "-f elf -m amd64" under linux.

1.1 tree does the yasm testing already, so adding x86_64 is
quite easy.

> If you want to try it, download the tarball/or patch to xvid-1.0.2
> below.
>
> x86-64.tar.bz2:
> http://www.aei.mpg.de/~wertmann/xvidcore-1.0.2-x86-64.tar.bz2
> http://www.aei.mpg.de/~wertmann/xvidcore-1.0.2-x86-64.tar.bz2.md5
>
> patch 1.0.2 -> 1.0.2-x86-64 modified:
> http://www.aei.mpg.de/~wertmann/xvidcore-1.0.2-amd64.patch.bz2
> http://www.aei.mpg.de/~wertmann/xvidcore-1.0.2-amd64.patch.bz2.md5

Do these tarballs have updated files compared to what you
advertised a few days ago directly to me, just in case i need
to update something on my side...

Btw did you have the time to look at the head branch for the
missing _add functions (hpel code) ?

PS: PPC port will monopolize my today's time, tomorrow i'll
start adding your 64bit asm files to head.

--
Edouard Gomez