[XviD-devel] Re:find a problem

Christoph Lampert chl at math.uni-bonn.de
Fri Oct 22 16:57:13 CEST 2004

On Fri, 22 Oct 2004, ??? wrote:
> dear Lampert:
>     you can down load some test sequence from:
> http://trace.eas.asu.edu/yuv/cif.html
> you can compress bridge-far.cif as my do with 384k bitrates and
> h263quant,It is raw yuv file.Sorry for my poor mistake,the "abvious"
> should be "obvious". thanks

Sorry, I cannot help you if you don't really answer my questions.
I know where to download the bride-far.cif sequence. If I didn't, I
would have asked for it.

But I still don't know, with _what program_ you encode the raw sequence.
xvid_encraw? mencoder? VirtualDub? a selfwritten application?

And when operating system do you use? Windows? Or Linux? MacOS?

When I encode the bridge-far.cif using xvid_encraw under Linux,
there are no pink lines or similar, no matter what the bitrate is.

So, I either need the exact command line or procedure you use for
encoding, or a part of the _resulting_ output MPEG-4 file.

chl