[XviD-devel] Re:find a problem

Christoph Lampert chl at math.uni-bonn.de
Sat Oct 23 11:59:24 CEST 2004

On Sat, 23 Oct 2004, Christoph Lampert wrote:
> okay, now I might have found your problem.
> Do your pink line/point look in any way like the attached JPEG image?
> Did you decode the file with a different codec then XviD, e.g. DivX or
> ffmpeg? And does the pink completely disappear at the next I-frame?
>
> Then you have found one of the biggest (but known) problems of MPEG-4:
> encoder/decoder iDCT mismatch.

Hello again,

after I checked my installation, I believe the problem (if it is the
mismatch I described) is not a problem of XviD itself, but of different
versions installed, such that a different codec is used for encoding than
for decoding.
Could you check your Windows to ensure that only one version of XviD is
installed (the latest)?