[XviD-devel] Re:find a problem

Christoph Lampert chl at math.uni-bonn.de
Mon Oct 25 09:39:03 CEST 2004

On Mon, 25 Oct 2004, ??? wrote:

>     I is not family with JPEG4 so I couldn't answer the first question.
>    I encapsulate my encoded frame to avi but divx could not correct
>    decode ,could you tell me have some binary execute file can encode
>    raw yuv and encapsulate it to avi? Yes ,the pink completely disappear
>    at the next I frame. I was sure in my window the version of xvid my
>    installed is only 1.0.1.

Hello,

I got your encoded file, and yes, the problem is due to IDCT mismatch.

What program did you use to decode this raw MPEG-4 stream? If you use e.g.
xvid_decraw and look at output images, it should be okay.

Also, if you encode and decode with the same codec, the problem shouldn't
be there. Maybe there is an old version of XviD installed on your system
somewhere, you should try to de-install everything XviD-related from your
computer and then install latest XviD only.