[XviD-devel] [FRONTEND UPDATE] mplayer modules.

Edouard Gomez ed.gomez at free.fr
Wed Sep 1 00:38:57 CEST 2004

Edouard Gomez (ed.gomez at free.fr) wrote:
> Encoder updates:
>  - merged stuff from mplayer's cvs (better fps, par/dar support,
>    psnr gathering using the same format as lavc module).
>    Of course that is a "value added"(tm) merge, cleaned
>    the stuff, moved things where they belong to, and so on.
>  - added support for bvhq option if compiled with cvs head
>    xvidcore headers.
>  - what else... hell just test and give feedback

Ah yes i forgot:
   - default settings changed, because upstream authors
     thought so. packed=0 is now default (not a bad idea
     anyway as packed isn't really MPEG4), chroma_me is off,
     and vhq=0.

So now you must set these values on the command line by yourself.

PS: the rationale behind these upstream changes were:
    packed is a flag so packed=0 doesn't work, and packed
           could not be disabled. Adding nopacked flag was
           refused afaik.
    chroma_me=0 because they said this was too slow :\
    vhq=0 same reason

    Basically, they want xvid 1.0 behave as xvid 0.9... i
    won't fight.

--
Edouard Gomez