[XviD-devel] [FRONTEND UPDATE] mplayer modules.

Guillaume POIRIER guigui-nospam at laposte.net
Thu Sep 2 22:29:10 CEST 2004

Hi there,
I'm taking care of XviD options in English and French's mplayer manpage.
I plan to document all the options not already on the manpage. I looked
into ve_xvid4.c, and found quite a great deal of options that I'd need
to work on.
I saw that "4mv" was removed (which I somewhat figured out as mencoder
refused to transcode a stream if that 0.9.x option was there)... Is that
just a omission, or is this option actually out with XviD-1.0.x?
... or maybe it is always active?

I also saw that the option that allowed manually raise the quantizers
for credits (at least with a 0.9.x build) was out too... Is it also not
supported by XviD-1.0.x too?
I personally find this kind of option quite convenient.

Please consider not this mail as a user request, but as someone who
wants to bless mencoder users with the best XviD support I can afford.

Also, if you want a user to test some new XviD features with mencoder,
I'm your man! ;-)

Regards,
Guillaume