[XviD-devel] option for GMC with 1 warp point

glfinish glfinish at f-m.fm
Fri Sep 3 11:13:46 CEST 2004

Many DVD standalones are based on the Mediatek 1389 chip.
It can play GMC with only single warp point.
divx when doing GMC is only capable of producing single warp point.
xvid can do GMC with _three_ warp points.
Therefore, although this chip is 'divxnetworks certified', but borks on
GMC produced by xvid.
My suggestion is to have a 'reduced GMC quality' mode that will make
xvid GMC encodes
play correctly on this chip.
I did the necessary modification to the 1.0.2 source tree.
I tested the encoding with this mode on a real player -- it plays correctly.
Please consider if you want to merge this into the source.

Don't know if I can post attachments here, you can download the diff
file from
http://glfinish.tripod.com/diff-xvid-1warp-1.0.zip
or
http://glfinish.tripod.com/diff-xvid-1warp-1.0.2
Since I compiled with VS7 , the rc file in vfw was generated with a lot
of differences.
vfw/src/resource.rc
I hope this is ok, I cannot check if it works with VS6 because I dont
have it.