[XviD-devel] Changes to get_pmv2

Tom Jacobs T.R.Jacobs at lboro.ac.uk
Mon Sep 20 17:12:10 CEST 2004

hi

i am still threading mostion estimation and am looking at ways of gettin
around the problem of each blocks predictions being based on its
neighbours.
ideally we would make the prediction from the pixel above, below, left and
right. because of the scan method used in ME we have changed it to left top
and top right.
you there be a great quality decrease if it was changed to top left, top,
top right? for my work this would make it possible for a whole row to be
processed in parallel.
what is the best method of testing this change and get a quantitive result
of the change.

i am not looking to change the xvid source since it works perfectly well in
its current state but for my purposes making this change would be handy, if
the quality was still achieved.

Tom