[XviD-devel] Changes to get_pmv2

Tom Jacobs T.R.Jacobs at lboro.ac.uk
Wed Sep 22 12:49:11 CEST 2004

hi

in ME is just just the MV for each block that is stored in the bitstream or
is somehow the prediction there too?
if a full search is taking place how does the predictions matter? does the
prediction act as a centre for the search window?
when the image is decoded does it just use the MV from the MB itself or does
it look at the neighbours or prediction (if saved).
im not sure about the differential vector, is this what is actually sorted?

i know thats alot of questions in one go but am trying to get my head around
what exactly is happening so i can better what i have to do and what can be
done in parallel

Thanks

Tom