[XviD-devel] Changes to get_pmv2

Christoph Lampert chl at math.uni-bonn.de
Wed Sep 22 19:27:28 CEST 2004

On Wed, 22 Sep 2004, Tom Jacobs wrote:

> hi
>
> my work on mpeg2 has only been simulated in an ideal SimpleScalar simulator.

The software from ftp://ftp.cs.wisc.edu/sohi/Code/simplescalar ?

> so no realworld results. but it did show a 96% complexity reduction for 20
> processors on a 320x240 image.

Hm, can you explain that? 96% complexity reduction means what?
That 20 CPUs in parallel need only 4% of the time that 1 CPU needs?
That would be a speedup factor of 25, which I supposed is impossible
(well, at least very unlikely).

And how did you parallelization look like? Just ME? Or everything?
I'm really curious, because I did some experiments with parallel video
encoding a while ago myself. If you stuff is "private", maybe we can
discuss via private mail: gruel at gmx.de