[XviD-devel] XviD 1.1.0-beta2 is out!

Guillaume Poirier poirierg at gmail.com
Mon Apr 4 14:25:01 CEST 2005

Hi,

On Apr 4, 2005 1:17 PM, Michael Militzer <michael at xvid.org> wrote:
>  - Improved compliancy with DivX profiles.

I'd be interested in adding the support for this feature to MEncoder,
if possible.
A quick glance at the latest xvid.h commit:
 #define XVID_GLOBAL_VOL_AT_IVOP       (1<<3) /* write vol at every
ivop: WIN32/divx compatibility */
 #define XVID_GLOBAL_FORCE_VOL         (1<<4) /* when vol-based
parameters are changed, insert an ivop NOT recommended */
 #endif
-
+#define XVID_GLOBAL_DIVX5_USERDATA    (1<<5) /* write divx5 userdata string
+                                                this is implied if
XVID_GLOBAL_PACKED is set */

... tells me that DivX profile seems to be triggered just by setting
the flag " XVID_GLOBAL_DIVX5_USERDATA".
Am I right? Or is it triggered by another flag?

Regards,
Guillaume