[XviD-devel] job: adding 8bit Greyscale to Windows Interface

Christoph Lampert chl at math.uni-bonn.de
Wed Apr 13 11:43:51 CEST 2005

Hi,

maybe you remember that recently I asked if it were possible to
add 8bit greyscale as colorspace to the XviD encoder input.

Since this requires some knowledge on the Windows VfW, I can't do it
myself. But it turned out that a german company would be interested in
this functionality, and they could be willing to pay someone for adding
this feature.

I don't know the details, I guess it wouldn't be too much of work,
but it requires some knowledge on the colorspace mechanism of Windows
(which I completely lack). I also don't know the details, like which
application is supposed to call XviD and what exactly the data format is.

So, if anyone would be interested in taking this job, answer to me by
private mail, and I'll give you the contact whom to ask for details.