[XviD-devel] Re: [Fwd: Data partitioning for encoder]

sigdrak at free.fr sigdrak at free.fr
Thu Apr 21 14:43:02 CEST 2005

Hello,

Quoting SuperMMX <supermmx at 163.com>:
> I am sorry to interrupt, I have done RM, DP and RVLC of I/P frames
> based on one snapshot of CVS (1.0.1 before maybe) in my research,
> and also some EC features. but only for research.

Very interesting. When you state "only for research", is it to underline some
restriction on what you can make available, or only because you think it needs
more work?

> I have not submitted this patch, because it is not stable and some little
> ugly and still need more work to do.

RM and DP are rather trivial but I would still be interested in checking your
way of things. RVLC is the next thing: not that complex, but requires more
work. EC is a very interesting feature, as there is quite a lot of room for fun
stuff (maybe not that new, but...).

> if you are interested , we can tall off the list.

I've replied on the list because I think it's the best place for this
discussion. But were you to have some restriction, we could check in private
how your experience/experiment could be used.