[XviD-devel] Re: [Fwd: Data partitioning for encoder]

SuperMMX supermmx at 163.com
Thu Apr 21 15:16:33 CEST 2005

Hi, sigdrak at free.fr

On Thu, 21 Apr 2005 14:43:02 +0200
sigdrak at free.fr wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Quoting SuperMMX <supermmx at 163.com>:
> > I am sorry to interrupt, I have done RM, DP and RVLC of I/P frames
> > based on one snapshot of CVS (1.0.1 before maybe) in my research,
> > and also some EC features. but only for research.
>
> Very interesting. When you state "only for research", is it to
> underline some restriction on what you can make available, or only
> because you think it needs more work?

in one side, it is done in doing my research in our lab and i don't
know how to handle this. of course if possible , i am very glad to
make it committed into XviD. :))

in another side, it is only for research , i mean i did not optimize it
very much, but it works...

> > I have not submitted this patch, because it is not stable and some
> > little ugly and still need more work to do.
>
> RM and DP are rather trivial but I would still be interested in
> checking your way of things. RVLC is the next thing: not that
> complex, but requires more work. EC is a very interesting feature, as
> there is quite a lot of room for fun stuff (maybe not that new,
> but...).

till now, RM and DP works great with compatibility with other decoders
(i only test with FFMEPG), but FFMPEG decode the RVLC  with mess colors
of the output. I have no time to debug it... maybe it is the problem
of my implementation.

> > if you are interested , we can tall off the list.
>
> I've replied on the list because I think it's the best place for this
> discussion. But were you to have some restriction, we could check in
> private how your experience/experiment could be used.

OK, we can dicuss here and the patch is a little bit large with modifications
of some function calls. (btw, i work it based on 1.0.1 cvs, a little old )

I take a look at your patch, at least, my implementationis is far different
from yours :))

I can send you my patch to review...(but i can't find out what the exact
version of the original files... pity :((

http://SuperMMX.org  自由世界 Free Software World

You will be aided greatly by a person whom you thought to be
unimportant.