[XviD-devel] porting xvid

Tom Jacobs T.R.Jacobs at lboro.ac.uk
Wed Aug 24 16:47:31 CEST 2005

hi

after noting how old my current version of xvid i threaded is i have tried
to compile the newest (1.1.0-beta2) for my test system, simplescalar. this
prolly shows how long ago it was but when i did it last xvid wasnt a lbrary
but instead simply produced a simple binary which encompased the whole xvid
core. this was nice and simple to compile for since i only had to change
the CC and CCFLAGs.

now i have hit a bit of a problem. the configure obviously wont produce the
correct platform.inc file for my desired system. having looked through
plaform.inc.in i can see the obvious setting to add like CC RANLIB CCFLAG
but i am not sure about the rest. i dont need asm optimalisations or need
to install the lib. i simple need to be able to compile the lib and use
xvidencraw as a binary to test my threaded mods.

can anyone suggest which settings i need to change

thanks

Tom