[XviD-devel] SIGSEGV in interpolate8x8_halfpel_hv_xmm

Michael Militzer michael at xvid.org
Tue Feb 1 20:08:41 CET 2005

Hi Peter,

personally, I have never come across such a problem. Also, I believe no one
ever before reported such a fault. Have you tried to encode some sequence
with the xvid_encraw example encoder, which is included in the XviD source
package? Do you experience the same problems or is the segfault specific
to mp4live? On what processor/hardware were you running XviD btw?

Have you tried on a different system as well? Since the fault seems not
reproduceable and hasn't been reported ever before (afaict), this could also
likely be a hardware fault, e.g. a faulty RAM module. This is also possible
even if you never experienced any similar faults with other software.

bye,
Michael