[XviD-devel] XviD-1.1-Beta 1 bugs summary

Michael Militzer michael at xvid.org
Wed Feb 23 18:32:55 CET 2005

Hi,

Quoting Dirk Knop <dknop at stud.uni-goettingen.de>:

> - GMC has a bug. With very much motion, some blocks get totally
> displaced. The issue is the same no matter if decoded with libavcodec or
> xvid.

Do you have a sample demonstrating this effect? Either the coded (wrong)
bitstream or a source file + settings to reproduce the problem?

> - Some issue with cartoon mode and bvhq (well, cruncher may report it
> better :) ): some white blocks sometimes floating around within high motion.

Is this really _only_ happening with bvhq? Iirc, the cartoon mode doesn't add
any special optimizations for b-frames - in fact, it wasn't even meant for
using it with b-frames (at least I didn't test it much). Do you have a sample
clip for this problem? I suspect that probably some MBs are skipped in
b-frames, which shouldn't have been skipped - but you know, cartoon mode
rather aggressively forces the use of skip mode...

bye,