[XviD-devel] XviD-1.1-Beta 1 bugs summary

Radek Czyz syskin at ihug.com.au
Thu Feb 24 15:00:37 CET 2005

Hi :)

Michael Militzer wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Quoting Dirk Knop <dknop at stud.uni-goettingen.de>:
>

>>- GMC has a bug. With very much motion, some blocks get totally
>>displaced. The issue is the same no matter if decoded with libavcodec or
>>xvid.
>

> Do you have a sample demonstrating this effect? Either the coded (wrong)
> bitstream or a source file + settings to reproduce the problem?

Actually I think I fixed it now. Can't really confirm because I never
saw the bug in action, but my code was reducing fcode to minimum without
looking at gmc's average vector. This vector is clipped according to
fcode and it used for future prediction (also in bframe's direct mode),
so - at least in theory - I was doing a wrong thing.

I commited the fix some days ago.

Radek