[XviD-devel] How to find codec version

Dark Sylinc dark_sylinc at yahoo.com.ar
Mon Feb 28 00:29:14 CET 2005

Hi,
As far as I know the three ways to know which version
are you using is:
1)the name of the compressed source file you
downloaded (xvidcore<x.y.z>.tar.gz (or .tar.bz or
.zip)
2)The "ChangeLog" file which contains datailed
information about previous releases and modifications
3)The Linux API name, which you are not interested in.
4)Open the "about box" from the VFW front-end. (NOT
the decoder options page)

Dark_Sylinc