[XviD-devel] [CVS commit] Linux amd64 preliminary support

Edouard Gomez ed.gomez at free.fr
Fri Jan 7 00:18:14 CET 2005

Andrew Dunstan (a_dunstan at hotmail.com) wrote:
> Whoops, typo in second line - should be:
>  mov [rdi], eax
>
> To clarify, a 32-bit store should be done instead of 64-bit (eax instead of
> rax).

Yeah that was the 64bit mov that was buggy.

If you have a good idea how to support both the win64 and the linux
function calling convention w/o duplicating code... don't hesitate.

PS: i'm pretty sure that if  xvid 1.1 only supports linux 64bit, i'll be
the target of thousands of flames like "linux elistism" and so on... i'd
just say that  only people owning linux 64bit OSes  offered me a distant
access  to develop  and do  all my  usual tests,  that's why  only linux
support has  been merged, try to tell  that on forums if  you see people
asking  why only  linux support  is completed  (except for  postproc and
color conversion code, which are much more hard to port, at least the cc
code).

--
Edouard Gomez