[XviD-devel] how to keep timing?

Christoph Lampert chl at math.uni-bonn.de
Thu Jan 13 11:53:20 CET 2005

On Thu, 13 Jan 2005, Perl Guy wrote:
> I've modified decraw.c to my use but when it plays,
> the video plays faster.. my 10 sec video plays for
> about 3-5 secs.
>
> My question is, where in the decoder is the timing
> managed? Anything that I should do here?

Nowhere. It decodes as fast as it can.

xvid_decraw.c is not a video player, it's an example source code to show
you how to access the XviD codec library. If you want to write a video
player with framerate control, you have to do it yourself (and then maybe
send it to code to include into XviD ;-). Also, shouldn't really use
xvid_decraw.c for it, because that's really just for demonstration. It's
neither optimized, nor elegant or even safe.