[XviD-devel] Project Idea

Peter Maersk-Moller peter at maersk-moller.net
Fri Jan 28 10:03:18 CET 2005

Hi Christoph

Christoph Lampert wrote:
> On Fri, 28 Jan 2005, JP wrote:
> Or, since the first is quite a task, how about a binary level editor for
> internal MPEG-4 header parts, like aspect-ratio?
> I _hate_ it when encoding a stream, and then after 5 hours notice that the
> aspect-ratio was set wrong. This is essentially just 1 bit thats wrong,
> but I have to encode the whole stream again, because there's no too to
> locate and change this bit. :-(

Changing PAR may require that you insert extra bytes depending on
whether you can use the standard PAR or need extended PAR. The
extra bytes needed in extended PAR mode is usually not present
in normal PAR mode. But such a tool as OS would be cool and if
based on xvid and the mp4v2 lib from mpeg4ip, then maybe not
that hard to write.

--PMM