[XviD-devel] XviD waterkmark?

Jakub Piotrowski jpp at poczta.onet.pl
Sun Jul 3 22:54:01 CEST 2005

Hello,

I'm working on watermarking scheme dedicated for XviD. Did anyone of You ever seen anything like this? I mean watermark that is written especially for XviD, since it is possible to use any typical watermark on uncompressed video and then compress it using XviD (however, due to quite good compression, it is questionable how usefull this way is). In my proposed sollution, watermark data are added by marking functions added by me to original encoding part of XviD, while extraction is performed by analogous function in decoder, and all this is supposed to work real-time (especially extraction of data - it happens directly while playing movie).

And just for explanation - my waterkmark is designed to carry additional info like description or maybe subtitiles rather than copyright information, and will be rather fragile than robust to most of attacks:)