[XviD-devel] More MMX improvements

carlo.bramix carlo.bramix at libero.it
Mon Jul 25 17:36:11 CEST 2005

Hello,
I can't really understand what I'm doing wrong this time...
I tested the patch command with djgpp and cygwin:

carlo at carlonew ~
$ patch -p0 < cbp_mmx.asm.patch
(Stripping trailing CRs from patch.)
patching file src/bitstream/x86_asm/cbp_mmx.asm

carlo at carlonew ~
$

The message "Stripping trailing CRs from patch." happened because I grabbed the patch file from the text archive of the mailing list: after pasting it into the notepad and saving it as cbp_mmx.asm.patch it wrote CR-LF at the end of each line, but in my opinion it shouldn't be a problem.
I also tried to download that ASM file from CVS.
I used the web based CVS interface for getting cbp_mmx.asm.
It worked too, exactly like the one stored into xvid_latest.tar.gz (afterall, they are identical).
I can do again the patch with cygwin CVS instead of tortoiseCVS, but I remember that it was almost the same.

Sincerely,

Carlo Bramini