[XviD-devel] how to configure xvid_enc_zone_t in weight mode

Doom9 Feedback Hotline feedback123 at doom9.org
Thu Jun 2 21:26:02 CEST 2005

Hi guys

In xvid.h, a zone is defined as follows:

typedef struct
{
int frame;
int mode;
int increment;
int base;
} xvid_enc_zone_t;

I set frame as desired, base to 100, mode to XVID_ZONE_WEIGHT.

I'm unsure what to set increment to. In quant mode I set it to
desired-quant*100, and it seems to work fine. In weight mode I set it to
desired weight * 100 (encraw multiples the input value for both quant and
weight by 100, hence I'm making that multiplication as well).

When I set increment to 10 (corresponding to what I think 10% of the bitrate
used outside the zone), there seems to be no visible degradation in the zone
at all.

So I'm wondering, what increments to use to get to the 0.01 - 2.0 weight
range available in the VfW GUI if my base is 100?

Regards
Doom9