[XviD-devel] how to configure xvid_enc_zone_t in weight mode

Doom9 Feedback Hotline feedback123 at doom9.org
Tue Jun 7 13:59:28 CEST 2005

Hi

> if you assign the first zone a weight of 1 and the second a weight 2,
> then the first zone will be assigned half as many bits as the second ;
> the first will be compressed twice as much as the second.
> note that the weights are relative; you would get the same behaviour if
> you assigned the first zone a weight of 10 and the second a weight of 20,
> then.

What if you only have one zone beginning at the end? Say you have a
100'000 frame source, and you configure one zone with weight 10, base 100
starting at frame 90'000. Shouldn't it get 10% of the bitrate the rest of
the movie gets? And if rather than using weight 10 I'd use weight 1 with
the same base, it should be 1%. Or does this only work if I assign another
zone starting at frame 0 with weight 100 (base still 100)? So, if zones
are used, I'd have to at least configure two of them (doesn't seem to be a
requirement on the VfW frontend but I'm not a 100% on the source yet, it
seems in certain cases a zone starting at the first frame is created.. but
if I recall correctly, this will be a CQ zone rather than a weight one).

Doom9