[XviD-devel] xvid_bench test_transfer unaligned

Christoph Nägeli chn at kbw.ch
Fri Jun 10 17:37:56 CEST 2005

Hi all,

Looking at the test_transfer routines in the file xvid_bench.c, I can
see that the destination is unaligned.
So it looks like all ppc altivec transfer routines are broken in
xvid_bench if compiled with gcc-4.0 on Mac OS 10.4
(but not with gcc-3.3, it seems the stack management has changed)

Although I think the destination was aligned some time ago?

Encoding a test_file with mencoder, I got no alignment error so I
guess in xvidcore it's aligned.
But I think in the SearchData type, the variable dctSpace doesn't
necessarily have to be aligned (which is the destination in
findRD_intra() ).

Is it wrong to assume that the destination of the transfer_routines
is 16-Byte aligned?

--
Christoph