[XviD-devel] XviD-1.1-Beta 1 bugs summary

Michael Militzer michael at xvid.org
Tue Mar 8 16:45:19 CET 2005

Hi,

ok, so let's update on this:

- the GMC bug has been fixed by SysKin.
- the cartoon mode issues seem fixed as well - at least I received positive
  feedback on doom9.
- interpolation cannot easily be used for chroma upsampling in our current
  colorspace conversion framework. The code relies on the fact that just a
  fixed (and even) number of vertical lines are processed/converted per
  iteration. This scheme wouldn't work anymore for interpolated chroma up-
  sampling. We could interpolate just every second line, then three out of
  four lines would be optimal - but I don't know if that really helps...

bye,
Michael