[XviD-devel] 8bit greyscale

Michael Militzer michael at xvid.org
Tue Mar 15 16:04:06 CET 2005

Hi,

there's a greyscale encoding option in XVID already for a long time (and
such an option also exists in the VfW GUI). If the XVID_VOP_GREYSCALE flag
is set, chroma information is dropped in the encoder. That should be
sufficient I think - there's no need to set U and V to 128 in colorspace
conversion if the chroma information is later omitted anyway...

Michael