[XviD-devel] Questions on Quantization

Edouard Gomez ed.gomez at free.fr
Thu Mar 24 14:24:22 CET 2005

Selon Skal <skal at planet-d.net>:
> 	Oops, you're right! Xvid is lacking mismatch control
> 	for MPEG4 intra-dequant. And it's been so since a
> 	loooong time! (as long as i can recall, actually)

When refactoring the quantization functions, i remember chocking on this
mismatch control for intra also, but i think we have based xvid on outdated
MPEG4 Part2 standard.

Personnaly i used ISO 14496-2 2001 Edition for all the reviews i've done, and
there was no mismatch control for intra blocks decoding. If other xvid devs
used the same version of the standard, i'm pretty sure it would explain why we
lack this mismatch control.

I can double check my says late this night when i'll be home.

--
Edouard Gomez