[XviD-devel] question on dquant

邓雄书 dengxiongshu at yulong.com
Mon Mar 28 04:48:54 CEST 2005

dear 14496-2 expert:

    I find only When macro type is inter+q and intra+q can write dquant value in mpeg4 part 2 standard,so when macro type is inter4v can't write dquant value because have not inter4v+q macro mode ,that is to say when macro have four motion vector ,it can not change quant value. So I was question how can implement macro level rate control when a frame have a lot inter4v macro? Have I misunderstood 14496-2 standard? But I find xvid write dquant and decode dquant as above. And H.264 can change quant even in 4×4 block .Can somebody answer my question?

thanks

xiongshu deng