[XviD-devel] quick question about the quality switch

MAILER-DAEMON MAILER-DAEMON
Fri May 6 16:28:59 CEST 2005

I had a quick question about this.

Wouldn't quantization influence more on quality then ME?

Better ME might give you a better estimation but I would think
quantization would effect the quality of the decoded image.

I agree that for same quantization factor that a better ME should
generally yield smaller encoded size of the frame but I would think the
quality of the decoded frame would not effected as much as the
quantization.

I'd appreciate any feedback.