[XviD-devel] Re: [Fwd: Data partitioning for encoder]

SuperMMX supermmx at 163.com
Mon May 9 04:30:57 CEST 2005

Hi, Skal

On Mon, 09 May 2005 00:27:43 +0200
Skal <skal at planet-d.net> wrote:

> 	i've reviewed it, and it looks ok at first sight.
> 	*But* it (the 2nd version) also contains cosmetics
> 	changes i don't feel like committing right now in
> 	the middle of a beta2. Moreover i've got some
> 	data-struct modifs to make to avoid passing 3
> 	bitstreams to some functions...

yes, this is that why my DP implementation is choosen.
In my implementation, the positions of different parts
is stored in every MB, and written to a temporary bitstream,
and when the VP threshold is met, these data are
written to the result bitstream in the order of DP.
So this will not modify the interface a lot.

Another thing to consider is efficency. In flushing partitions,
my implementation is to put the different part of every MB
one by one, and sigdrak's is to concatentate the 3 bitstreams.
Maybe there will be some advantages and disadvantages of
both, which need detailed benchmark...

These days, i am busy doing my master thesis, after that,
i will provide my patch, (encoding/decoding of RM, DP and RVLC).

Thanks.

--
http://SuperMMX.org  自由世界 Free Software World

Persons attempting to find a motive in this narrative will be
prosecuted; persons attempting to find a moral in it will be banished;
persons attempting to find a plot in it will be shot.  By Order of the
Author -- Mark Twain, "Tom Sawyer"