[XviD-devel] Qeustion about encoding rgba images.

MAILER-DAEMON MAILER-DAEMON
Wed May 11 00:25:58 CEST 2005

I noticed that for encoding/decoding color space there were
XVID_CSP_RGBA. But when I use that option the encoded mpeg
stream seems to be identical to XVID_CSP_BGR. If I want to
decoded in RGB space will it always be interleaved BGR?

Also looking further into the code in image.h it seems image struct does
not have an alpha channel. Is there a different way of specifying the
alpha channel to encode? If I remember correctly MPEG-4 has allows alpha
channels. If its possibel can anyone point me to where I might
look?

I'd appreciate any help.