[XviD-devel] Re: quant zone

Guillaume POIRIER guillaume.poirier at etudiant.univ-rennes1.fr
Fri May 13 11:40:29 CEST 2005

Hi Karine,
karine.yviquel <karine.yviquel <at> laposte.net> writes:

> Thus in the first pass (with a constant QP of 2) we have the
> same quant zone over the whole video and in the 2nd
> pass we have a new quant zone for each picture?

No, the zones are defined as a range of frames. Say, for a movie that lasts
50000 frames, if the credits start at 45000, the range of the "credits zones"
will be 45000-50000 while you'll have a "move zone" for the range 0-44999. Have
a look at the windows front-end, and its code, that might help you to get a
grasp of how it's used. You may find a compiled version here
http://www.koepi.org/xvid.shtml

> And what AFAIK is?

http://www.acronymfinder.com/af-query.asp?String=exact&Acronym=AFAIK&Find=Find
;-)