[XviD-devel] hey I'm back :)

Tom Jacobs T.R.Jacobs at lboro.ac.uk
Mon Nov 21 15:14:20 CET 2005

hi

what level of parallelism are you trying to implement skal? MB, frame, GOP?
i dont know if any of my work will be of help but here is a link to one of
my paper i wrote in the summer about it (im sure the ieee wont mind me
posting it ;) )

http://www-staff.lboro.ac.uk/~eltrj/jacobstr_thread-level-parallel-xvid.pdf

my work has used a custom multi processor environment so it is more abstract
from any system setup for the 'normal' user but i think the therory would
remain the same. i know that x264 uses pthread as method of creating
different thread etc but im not sure how this works. it was very easy to
convert x264 pthread code to work in my system so hope it is just as easy
vise vera.

Tom