[XviD-devel] HUGE ME regressions between beta1 and beta2

Radek Czyz radoslaw at syskin.cjb.net
Fri Nov 25 17:43:02 CET 2005

Michael Militzer wrote:
> Ok, well looking at the file sizes you report in your test it's rather
> likely you used another sequence than me - and likely DVD input...

Yes it's one of my dvd sequences I keep (actually it's huffyuv, too big
to upload).

I'll test with bvop-vhq and see if the filesize difference I get is
purely because of mode decision.
What about speed though? I see 5% slower at defaults, but people at
Doom9 forum are reporting up to 23% slower second pass.

I still don't even know where it comes from.

Radek