[XviD-devel] Buffering in the decoder or encoder.

Yong, Chee Yeew Chee-Yeew.Yong at thalesgroup.com
Mon Sep 5 17:40:04 CEST 2005

Hello all,

We are using the Xvid library to do real-time interactive communications.
Therefore, we are very concerned with some delay that we are finding. We
have narrowed down the delay (in the 100-200ms region) to the Xvid library,
but the problem is we do not know whether it is the encoder or decoder.
We deduce that it is the decoder since the encoder should only ever need to
work with 1 frame (no buffering needed).
Is this view correct? If it is, how many frames are being 'delayed' in the
decoding process?

Thanks.

Regards,
Chee