[XviD-devel] DXN profile update

Michael Militzer michael at xvid.org
Mon Sep 12 10:58:42 CEST 2005

Hi,

are you sure the information on the DivX homepage is really new and not
outdated? Because with the proposed changes (especially for the HD profile)
you can expect that files created with the current profile restrictions
won't play anymore on devices certified along the 'new' data (= the numbers
provided on the DivX homepage). So I can't quite believe that DivX would
introduce such a change which would ruin backwards compatibility to older
videos...

Michael