[XviD-devel] Porting Xvid ASM

Michael Weiss mjw at pobox.com
Wed Sep 14 07:56:39 CEST 2005

Hi,

I was wondering if any of you who knew the internals of the Xvid
codec could comment on what it would be like porting it to another
OS--VxWorks in this case, still Intel x86 architecture, though.  I
was particularly wondering about the parts that are written in
assembly language.  Are these just optimized versions of algorithms
or do they make calls into the kernel, which would pose a big problem
because I'd be switching kernels.  Sorry for all of the questions,
but I am trying to establish ASAP whether what I am trying to do is
actually feasible.

Thanks,

Mike