[xvid-devel]the comparison among xvid and ffmpeg for DSP porting

rlancelot Rlancelot at sohu.com
Thu Sep 15 18:25:53 CEST 2005

Hi,members

Does anybody do some work on porting and optimization of xvid codec based on Ti's DM642 platform?
How about another open source codec "ffmpeg" performance for the same purpose?
I find there are many other audio and video codec also integrated into ffmpeg,so does it is a problem to abstract only MPEG-4 visual related source code from ffmpeg?
Another thing:besides the abstracting work,which is the better selection between xvid and ffmpeg on DM642 platform(I mean,the
 performance of encoding and decoding speed(frame per second) they run on DM642 platform)
we only need to implement MPEG-4 visual simple profile codec for DM642 DSP platform,but I do not have much experience on such
area and can not find related information even on xvid development maillist.
Your help will be great help to me,please give me some advice,thanks in advance!