[XviD-devel] the compatiblity between xvid and MPEG-4 visualstandard

Luca Piccarreta piccarre at elet.polimi.it
Sat Sep 17 02:46:37 CEST 2005

mmmhhh....
rlancelot said xvid is not compatible with
ref sw from Microsoft, not with WMV....
a little bit of patience and debugging should
show what's wrong, perhaps the sequence header
(VO, VOL, VOS) are not properly written....
because xvid *must* be compatible with MS
ref sw!
the structure should be kind of
00 00 01 B0 .... VOS header
00 00 01 0x ... VO header
00 00 01 20.... VOL header
00 00 01 B6... VOP
00 00 01 B6... VOP

sorry for the hurried answer, I'm sleepy.
Luca.