[XviD-devel] Core initialization question

Federico Ares federico.ares at gmail.com
Mon Sep 19 19:04:54 CEST 2005

Hi,

I'm working in a C++ .NET wrapper class for XVid, and I have some questions about core initialization.

I'm thinking in wrapping each returned handle from the core in an instance of my encoder/decoder classes.

My idea is to init the core in the constructor of the class (so just by creating the first instance the core gets initialized), but I thought it would be important to ask wether the core is already initialized. Is this necessary? In this case, how can I ask the core for that information?

I'm looking forward to run multiple threads of XVid simultaneusly and I dont want to crash the core every time I create a new instance on a new thread.

Thank you very much for your assistance

fares