[XviD-devel] Building on Mac Intel problems (again)

Isaksson Jörgen jorgen.isaksson at comhem.se
Sun Apr 23 19:18:36 CEST 2006

Hi List!

I've been trying to build xvidcore on an Intel iMac without success.
I have followed the instructions in the thread "Building on an IMac
Intel" by Tate Jones but I can't manage to compile like he did. This
is what I have done so far...

- Checked out the latest cvs version using cvs -
d:pserver:anonymous at cvs.xvid.org:/xvid co xvidcore

- Run ./bootstrap.sh (in build/generic) to have the configure file
created

- Run ./configure

- Run make

I get the following error:

   A: bitstream/x86_asm/cbp_sse2.asm
../../src/bitstream/x86_asm/cbp_sse2.asm:78: panic: invalid section
name .rodata align=16
make: *** [bitstream/x86_asm/cbp_sse2.o] Error 3

I'm not comfortable enough with assembler to start mess around with
it. Does anybody have an idea of what might be wrong?

best regards / Jörgen